18 July 2008

A Plea to my Neighbors

Here I am, on again about this quaint idea of following the rules...

What might possess an elected official, upon taking leadership of a body of legislators, to proclaim one section of the Constitution negated?

It's rather like telling one's new boss in the firm, 'I will abide by all the rules here, except the one dealing with habeas corpus. That's off the table.'

Or perhaps it's like telling one's sergeant at the precinct, 'I will abide by all the rules here except the one about search and seizure. That's off the table.'

How about the second lieutenant who arrives at her new post, only to state, 'I'm happy to be here, eager to get to work, but don't even think about deploying me anywhere. That's off the table.'

I'd guess anyone reading this has figured out by now who's in my sights here. And of course this is all well-traveled territory. I bring it up now, not only because our disappointment of a Speaker, Nancy Pelosi, had the misbegotten temerity to preemptively sweep the only constitutional remedy for high crimes and misdemeanors off the table, but because...

...she's up for re-election.


Dear friends in my neighbor state of California,

TOSS HER OUT!

PLEASE!

Love, Cathylee

3 comments:

cls said...

It is a sorry state of affairs and one that I am ashamed that I enabled.

Even John Conyers has sold us out. See my blog post, Bingo.

BlueLyon

mystic4hillpuma said...

Cindy needs about 3140 more signatures to get on the November ballot. Please go to her website, download, print, and sign a petition, and get it into her office by August 8th.

Website: http://www.cindyforcongress.org/

Pelosi has GOT to go!

PUMA Power

paulrevere said...

My two cents...Hartmann brought up the other morning that the only two recipients of anthrax (Leahey, Daschle) had some months previous become the various leaders of the Senate due to Jeffords move to caucus with Dems and had outspokenly declared that they would not vote for the Patriot Act...THAT blatantly obvious threat is what Pelosi and all the dems are dealing with...try 3am phone calls on your most private line and much else for easy intimidation...remember, these cretins started wire tapping just a few days after taking office and you can bet your sweet self that they were into everything Democrat. Corporate spying? easy livin' for them. Factor in the wholesale slaughter of somewhere in the neighborhood of a million Iraqi's and don't ask me about the atrosities Bush I had done to the Iraqi Republican Guard when in full retreat from Kuwait with white flags flying. Our times, if revealed in truth, are VERY ruthless and VERY dire.

Doubt Nothing...Question Everything