23 September 2008

For a World Weary of Worries...MUSIC!

Shakespeare wrote, 'Sleep, that knits up the raveled sleeve of care...'
Perhaps, but music is surely the reason that careworn sleeve doesn't ravel irretrievably before one can sleep...

And so, my daughter has added music to my blog. She set it so it plays on, heedless of whether the reader wishes it to, but I hope you'll turn it down--or UP!--according to your wont. There's an eclectic choice in this inaugural lot:

From John Lennon's anthem to Linkin Park's anguish, I'm heavily influenced by my kids these days--but not in the choice of These Days! My daughter grimaced at that one. She added the Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox 20, both of which I love. Serj Tankian is my son's ante--a striking singer who's often over the top, but right on the mark with these anti-war songs. And as for 100 Years...I send this beautiful song out to all of you from where it sits next to Pachelbel's Canon in my soul.

May you dance.

7 comments:

Gump said...

"She set it so it plays on, heedless of whether the reader wishes it to."

But luckily there's a "pause" button - that stops the music.

Cathylee said...

Yes, it does! Now if we could just find a pause button that might work on the discordant sounds that play non-stop on our Political Players...

Thanks for visiting, quietly.

Gump said...

That's easy - just don't listen.

(Wow, two comments that don't criticize Sarah Palin!!)

Cathylee said...

Yeah, Gump!

Unknown said...

Ah, how I love the song "100 Years!" Speaking of music, the Smalls are in well, as of the last time I saw them at my 30 year reunion. Do you attend any of your class reunions? I haven't seen anyone from your class since you graduated and the high school split up. (You will find me on page 67 of the 1974 yearbook!)

Hi_Hater said...

Do you know where I can find some Serj Tankian ringtones? I'm interested in the new Krave and would want to start my Mp3 collection with him.

Cathylee said...

Rob--

I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you but I needed to get the info from my daughter. She says she thinks Krave is a Verizon phone and doesn't know too much about them but this is her best answer--

Go to 'download ringtones' or'buy ringtones' on your phone. It should be in the media or audio section where your default ringtones are. Search for Serj Tankian and if you don't find it on there, go to Verizon's website, the media net area where you can buy such things. She says AT&T is tons easier but wishes you good luck.

So do I--Serj Tankian is thoroughly unique.