22 September 2008

Letters of Hope and Futility

Dear readers,
Please check out another excellent post about our economic woes at Blue Lyon, http://bluelyon.wordpress.com/
Signed,
Fiery Side

Dear neighbor,
Take heart. I'm writing to some people who can still help you.
Signed,
Cathylee

Dear democrats in power,
After all the betrayal you--Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and all the rest of the congressional democrats--have inflicted on us, I'm sitting here, willing you to do the right thing. Climbing on board one last time to hope there's a shred of decency in our REPRESENTATIVES.

Finally, at long last, prove me right, democrats. Convince me that I haven't been a proud Democrat all these years of my life for nothing. After validating the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, the bankruptcy bill, the Supreme Court justices, THE IRAQ OCCUPATION--just to name a few--give us something to believe in again.

Don't let Paulson put the CEOs and Wall Street in the lifeboats.

Put Americans back in their homes, instead.

Start with my neighbor, could you please? He's about 60, disabled, and spends his days drinking in order to forget he's got only a short time left to spend in the house he bought a couple of decades ago. Maybe you could just save his garage for him. It's filled with a lifetime of tools, machines, and stuff he's collected. It's all that really matters to him.

Try this, democrats: put a face on your actions. Make them real. Think of my neighbor.

For once, after all these years of rolling over, backing off, and, in the case of the democratic nomination, lying and cheating--for once and finally, DO THE RIGHT THING.

Now. Please.

Signed,
The Woman Who Lives Next Door To Another Soon-To-Be-Homeless-Person

2 comments:

RockSpot said...

I couldn't agree more. You can read my post about Paulson's Plan here.

Cali Angel said...

I love your posts, they're always direct and full of passion. I wish the best to your neighbor as well as all the rest of us.

-David Elsewhere